Monday 6 January 2014

And The Leopard Went To Canada

   So here is the first of many pictures of my new adventure! After a 7 hour flight I touched down in Toronto and stepped out into minus 20! Luckily, I have a good collection of fur coats and leopard print thermals so I should manage to keep warm, even when it's colder than Mars here sometimes!
Black Patent Wellies/£85/Schuh
Leopard Fur Wellie Socks/£30/Schuh
   These Hunter wellies are already proving themselves to be an absolute essential over here! I am like Bambi on ice and snow so I needed something with grip, and so far so good! The wellie socks keep me nice and warm and the leopard fur manages to make even wellies look glam!
Lake Ontario
   This is me and Sophie, the other exchange student from Robert Gordon University, in front of Lake Ontario. The lake had actually started to freeze at the edges because it has been so cold here! It was amazing to see though and it's only a five minute walk from our campus!
Lake Shore Boulevard
   The campus and halls of residence are on Lake Shore Boulevard and it is an amazing area, it's so different to Aberdeen! There is a tram (called street cars here) that runs right outside the campus that can take you straight into downtown Toronto. I've not been to downtown during the day yet but will definitely be there soon to check out the malls! 
   I will have a post up soon with some of my new Canadian purchases, not sure how my luggage allowance will cope but I couldn't resist!






No comments:

Post a Comment